World Population Day falls on 11 July. Better reproductive health for women
actually impacts the growth of population in a positive way. Take this
quiz to check just how much you know about some elementary requirements
of women for safe childbearing.
1. What is the safe age group biologically ( not considering the
cultural environment) for women to bear children in ?
2. What is a safe time gap a woman should have between two pregnancies?
- 1 year.
- 2 years.
- 3 years.
- 4 years.
3. What is the minimum weight a woman should have if she has to lower
risk of pregnancy related complications?
- 68 kgs.
- 58 kgs.
- 48 kgs.
- 38 kgs.
4. What is the minimum weight a woman has to gain during a pregnancy?
- 2 kgs.
- 4 kgs.
- 6 kgs.
- 8 kgs.
5. What is the minimum number of medical check ups a woman should
have during pregnancy?
6. Pregnant women should take plenty of greens and iron supplements
regularly to avoid:
7. Swelling of arms legs or face is a warning that something could
be wrong in a pregnancy. True or False?
8. Women should not be given iodized salt during pregnancy. True or False?
9. According to United Nations Population Fund a woman dies in pregnancy/childbirth:
- Every second.
- Every minute.
- Every hour.
- Every day.
- Every two hours
10.Every mother needs to be monitored for a minimum of how many hours
after a safe delivery?
- 6 hours.
- 12 hours.
- 18 hours.
- 24 hours
1.a ; 2.b; 3.d ; 4.c ; 5.a; 6.b ; 7.True; 8. False 9.b; 10.b.
9-10: That's impressive.
5-8: You did OK, but don't get complacent about your level of awareness.
Below 5: Oops! You've got a lot to catch up on!